Stand up and Stretch
Stand up and Stretch!
Sitting for too many hours is bad for our health (for a whole slew of reasons – obesity, heart disease, diabetes). Here are some tips you may want to incorporate into your daily routine at the office:
- Stand once an hour.
- Stand while you take a phone call.
- Stand up to visit the file cabinet instead of rolling your chair.
- Take the Stairs
- Walk over and talk to a coworker instead of emailing them.
- Take the scenic route to the bathroom instead of the most direct.
- March in place for twenty seconds.
- Wander around and pick up or reorganize for the last twenty seconds (eventually your desk area may even be clean)
- Park near the back of the parking lot.
- Get about 30 minutes of activity per day.
- Inquire about height adjustable workstations
Now give yourself permission to take a quick break, get up and get moving. It’s for your health and your sanity!